Indigenous Student Supports
At times, it is helpful and comforting to talk with someone who shares a similar heritage as you. NSCC Indigenous Supports advisors are a resource for students of First Nation, Metis and Inuit descent who can answer your questions and help you find the information, services and tools you need to succeed in your program.
NSCC Indigenous Supports advisors work with the campus community to offer prospective and current students culturally specific supports, as well as host Indigenous Student gatherings, cultural events, and other culturally relevant activities.
If you are moving to a new community for your NSCC program, adjusting to the community and the campus environment can be challenging. Your advisors in Student Services are here to help.
Indigenous Community and Cultural Liaison Coordinator - Student and Career Services
Your advising team
- Introduces you to resources on campus and in the community
- Offers help with the College application process
- Supports your career planning and learning choices
- Helps you find a tutor to support your academic success
- Provides you with information and guidance on applying for bursaries and scholarships
- Can tell you more about NSCC's A'paqt Project
- Helps you connect to possible funding agencies
- Connects you with other Indigenous learners
- Promotes events and experiences that honour and celebrate Indigenous heritage
Reach out to your Student Services Advisor and Indigenous Supports person:
Strait Area Campus
Institute of Technology and Akerley Campuses
Marine Institute, Strait Area Campus
Annapolis Valley, Cumberland, eCampus, Lunenburg and Pictou Campuses