Getting advice on your educational and career plans is an important way to gather input on ideas you have about your future and to see if you are on track to meet your goals. Student Services Advisors are an important source of support and advice as you pursue your studies at NSCC. Advisors work with you in making decisions, solving problems, evaluating skills, and setting goals.
Your advisor is knowledgeable about your program and about how you can take advantage of a range helpful college resources including financial preparedness and funding, learning supports, career and employment, disability services, health and wellness, and student life.
Your Advising Team
- Understand the requirements of your program and relevant policies, guidelines, and regulations
- Set clear, realistic and achievable goals in line with your education and career interests
- Identify strategies and resources to help you develop learning and professional skills
- Access learning supports, academic accommodations, and programs (e.g. tutoring)
- Problem-solve life and school situations that may be impacting your learning at NSCC
- Get involved in student life activities to build valuable employment and leadership skills
- Make informed plans about paying for school and identify possible sources of funding
Ask an advisor
If you have questions or you are just not sure what to do next, ask an advisor:Required fieldsare marked with a red symbol (*)