NSCC Libraries and COVID-19
Will my Campus Library be open?
Campuses are open to students on Monday, August 24. Please take time to review NSCC's Coming to Campus protocols.
Can I borrow books?
NSCC Libraries are open for borrowing and returning materials.
How can I contact my Campus Library?
Contact your Campus Library for information on how to visit your campus and borrow resources.
I am a new student coming to NSCC this Fall. Can I check out a Library laptop now?
NSCC Libraries are making changes to their Library Laptop Loan Program for 2020-21 and also need to prepare this equipment for incoming students. For these reasons, we are not loaning equipment until the Fall term. You can check with your Campus Library, after September 1, who will be able to provide more information at that time.
I am a student who attended NSCC in 2019-2020. I still have a library laptop checked out. When will they be due?
All library resources and equipment must be returned upon completion of your program to ensure your graduation package is not delayed and to avoid the cost of replacement charges. Please contact your Campus Library who can provide guidance on how you can safely return them to an NSCC campus.
Here are some ways you can get help:
- Contact your Campus Library.
- You can access a wide variety of online library resources from off-campus including streaming videos, journal articles and e-books. When prompted, just enter your student number (w#) and password.
- Visit our Subject Guides - collections of recommended books, videos, and websites for each NSCC Learning Program.
- We also have Topic Guides covering Streaming Video, Citation Styles, eBooks, Journals and Periodicals, Mobile Apps and more. Select the Guides tab.
- Live Help - an online chat-based reference service being provided by Novanet libraries.
- Research Assistance - NSCC Libraries provide research assistance to College students, faculty, and staff in a number ways. Visit our Research Help page for more information.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - Check out the Library FAQ for answers to commonly asked questions.
Here are some resources for specific platforms to help you troubleshoot technical problems.
- Guide to the ProQuest Platform
- ProQuest Support Center - for technical problems
- eBook Central Support
- Gale HELP - located in the footer of each Gale Database
Streaming Video Collections
- Films on Demand - Searching and Browsing Support
- National Film Board of Canada - Help Centre
- Curio.ca - Getting Started Help Page
- LinkedIn Learning Help Basics
Electronic Resources Contact:
Leigh Gagnier, Electronic Services Librarian
Staff and students who have an NSCC email account and access to the web can use the Technology Service Desk for technical support requests.