NSCC Libraries and COVID-19
Is my Campus Library open?
Campus Libraries are open to students, faculty and staff only. Please take time to review Safety on Campus protocols for coming to campus and check the Libraries' Hours of Operation. Curbside pickup is available at our libraries for all library users including alumni and community borrowers.
Can I borrow books?
Curbside pickup is available for library resources for all NSCC students, faculty, and staff, as well as alumni and community members. Learn more about this service.
How can I contact my Campus Library?
Contact your Campus Library for information on how to visit your campus and borrow resources.
Can I borrow a Library Laptop?
Please refer to our NSCC Library Laptop Loan Program 2020-2021 page.
Here are some ways you can get help:
- Contact your Campus Library.
- You can access a wide variety of online library resources from off-campus including streaming videos, journal articles and e-books. When prompted, just enter your student number (w#) and password.
- Visit our Subject Guides - collections of recommended books, videos, and websites for each NSCC Learning Program.
- We also have Topic Guides covering Streaming Video, Citation Styles, eBooks, Journals and Periodicals, Mobile Apps and more. Select the Guides tab.
- Visit our Learning Supports page with information on Accessibility Services, EAL Supports, Tutoring and more.
- Get library and research help from NSCC Library Staff M-F, 8-4 via Live Chat, our virtual chat service. You can also use Live Help, an online chat-based reference service being provided by Novanet libraries.
- Research Assistance - NSCC Libraries provide research assistance to College students, faculty, and staff in a number ways. Visit our Research Help page for more information.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - Check out the Library FAQ for answers to commonly asked questions.
Here are some resources for specific platforms to help you troubleshoot technical problems.
- Guide to the ProQuest Platform
- ProQuest Support Center - for technical problems
- eBook Central Support
- Gale HELP - located in the footer of each Gale Database
Streaming Video Collections
- Films on Demand - Searching and Browsing Support
- National Film Board of Canada - Help Centre
- Curio.ca - Getting Started Help Page
- LinkedIn Learning Help Basics
Electronic Resources Contact:
Leigh Gagnier, Electronic Services Librarian
Staff and students who have an NSCC email account and access to the web can use the Technology Service Desk for technical support requests.