Photovoltaic (PV) Panel Installation Training
Learn the techniques of installing and maintaining solar panels (photovoltaic systems).
As energy prices rise, more Nova Scotians are supplementing their traditional home systems with solar power. The Photovoltaic (PV) Panel Installation Training program, offered in partnership with the Nova Scotia Department of Energy and Mines, was created in response to this growing trend.
This training is aimed at anyone wanting to learn the techniques of installing and maintaining photovoltaic systems (solar panels).
NOTE: You will not be licensed or trained on connection to, or connection of, electrical components, which are the roles of a certified electrician.
- Introduction to the concepts of solar electricity generation and the operation of PV panels
- Course modules include technical and safety training
- Small class sizes provide you with an opportunity to ask questions, apply your learning and share knowledge
|Course Location||Start date||End date||Schedule||Application due|
1240 Grand Lake Road
|July 14, 2019||July 18, 2019||9 am - 6 pm daily||July 8, 2019|
1 Main Street
|September 30, 2019||October 9, 2019||
3:30 pm - 9 pm
|September 25, 2019|
236 Belcher Street
1575 Lake Road
80 Mawiomi Place
You must have current safety training in the following:
- Standard First Aid/CPR Level C
- WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Management Information Systems) (within 3 years)
- OH&S (Nova Scotia Occupational Health & Safety Act) (within 3 years)
- Introduction to Lockout/Tagout (LOTO)
- Introduction to Hazard Identification
- Certified Fall Arrest and Protection
Proof of completion of these safety courses must be provided.
Course fee: Free
Complete the application form (PDF 160KB)
As part of the practical components of this program, you are required to bring your own personal protective equipment.
Please contact Gerard d’Entremont, Community Innovation Lead