Medical Laboratory Technology - Competitive entry process
The Medical Laboratory Technology program has a competitive entry process, which means applicants are scored based on weighted criteria.
The deadline to submit a completed application is May 1, 2022 for a fall 2022 intake.
Admission requirements for the Medical Laboratory Technology program are:
- High School Graduation Diploma or equivalent, including:
- A minimum mark of 70% in Grade 12 Academic Biology, English and Math
- A minimum mark of 80% in Grade 12 Academic Chemistry
- Completed CASPer© assessment
Applicants will be scored using a rubric with the following criteria:
- Academic marks
- CASPer© Score
- Post-secondary program/course credentials
- Representational equity
|Competitive Ranking Criteria||Maximum Potential Score||Criteria Components by Category||Individual Criteria Weight||Category Score|
|Academic Marks||45%||• Chemistry 12
• Biology 12
• Math 12
• English 12
Your highest grade achieved in each of the above or in any equivalent courses.
|Post-Secondary (not including marks used to meet high school course requirements)||15%||• Approved Science or Health degree
• Approved Science or Health diploma, or 2 full years of an approved Science or Health degree
• 1 full year of approved Science or Health degree/ diploma
|Representational Equity||10%||• Self-declared Aboriginal/ Indigenous and/or historically Indigenous Black/ African Nova Scotian||10||/10|