A program expanding post-secondary educational access for incarcerated Nova Scotians.
Formerly incarcerated Nova Scotians are less likely to consider a post-secondary education, which can negatively impact their employment and career opportunities. Access to academic and career exploration programs while incarcerated can be essential to obtaining a successful and productive life post-release.
Limitless is designed to:
- Strengthen the skills and abilities of participants through four micro-sessions on self-evaluation and career development.
- Support participants during their transition from incarceration to and through college.
- Provide participants with short-term work experience during their program.
- Participants who continue on to NSCC receive a partial bursary that’s applied towards the cost of their tuition.
- At NSCC, participants will get work experience opportunities, allowing them to develop their skills while building their resume.
How to enrol in Limitless
- Participants enrol during their time in a provincial correctional facility.
- Limitless students must participate in Limitless programming provided in a provincial correctional facility before they continue on to NSCC.
- For more information, contact:
Limitless is a partnership between the Nova Scotia Department of Justice, The Windsor Foundation and NSCC.