Dental assistants work as part of the oral health team, providing assistance to dentists and dental specialists, carrying out direct patient care and instructing patients in the principles and practices of good oral health.
The program introduces you to dental science, the foundation of clinical practice and the skills and theory used by dental assistants. Learn how to:
- Prepare dental instruments and filling materials
- Sterilize dental equipment
- Create dental radiographs and images
- Polish teeth and apply fluoride
- Apply desensitizing agents and dental sealants
- Provide patients with oral hygiene advice
- Schedule appointments and invoice for services
The program covers all materials and skills necessary to write the National Dental Assisting Examination (NDAEB) and prepares you for all mandatory and optional skills as determined by the Dental Assisting Regulatory Authorities (CDARA).