Dental assistants work as part of the oral health team, providing assistance to dentists and dental specialists, carrying out direct patient care and instructing patients in the principles and practices of good oral health.
This program is ideally suited to individuals who are comfortable being in close contact with other people and want to promote the benefits of good oral health in their lives.
The program introduces you to dental science, foundation of clinical practice and the skills and theory used by dental assistants. Learn how to:
- Prepare dental instruments and filling materials
- Sterilize dental equipment
- Take and develop x-rays
- Polish teeth and apply fluoride and dental sealants
- Provide patients with oral hygiene advice
- Perform intra-oral duties
- Schedule appointments and invoice for services
The program covers all materials and skills necessary to write the National Dental Assisting Examination (NDAEB) and prepares graduates for all mandatory and optional skills as determined by the Dental Assisting Regulatory Authorities.