Get introduced to the basics of surveying in this short program that graduates you with the skills needed to start your career or pursue further training as a Survey Technician
- Operation and maintenance of survey instruments and equipment, such as: levels, total stations, and GNSS (GPS) systems.
- Manual and digital data recording and calculation techniques.
- Supporting construction surveying through grading, road and site layout.
- Assisting legal boundary surveys by locating evidence, setting new monumentation, clearing and blazing wooded boundaries.
- Communication skills involving technical memos and reports.
You get hands-on training using surveying instruments and equipment in the field and on your work term. You also have the option to partner with students and faculty in other Geomatics programming on applied projects.
This program is located at NSCC's Centre of Geographic Sciences (COGS). COGS is the Lawrencetown site of Annapolis Valley Campus.