This is a demanding program that prepares you with knowledge and skills in strategic leadership, finances, marketing, human resource management, partnerships and fundraising. Nonprofit organizations provide a range of programs and services in health, education, recreation, arts and culture and the environment. They play a key role in improving our communities and our quality of life.
In this program, you learn:
- Differences between governance and management
- How to understand how policy, board motions and bylaws are developed and implementedHow to set ethical standards for yourself and for others
- Fundamental principles, issues and best practices for positive leadership
- How to work with partners to achieve results
- Basic financial accounting
- Human resource management approaches that help create a productive environment with satisfied employees and engaged volunteers
You also design, implement and manage fundraising activities and community programs. A special focus is placed on the importance of marketing and its impact on the organization.
If you are committed to working or volunteering in the nonprofit sector and have a passion for continuous improvement, this advanced diploma is for you.