This advanced diploma program prepares you with knowledge and skills in strategic leadership, finances, marketing, human resource management, partnership development and fundraising.
Non-profit organizations provide a range of programs and services in health, education, recreation, arts and culture and the environment. They play a key role in improving our communities and our quality of life.
In this program, you learn:
- Differences between governance and management
- How policy, board motions and bylaws are developed and implemented
- How to set ethical standards for yourself and others
- Fundamental principles and best practices for positive leadership
- How to work with partners to achieve results
- Basic financial accounting
- Human resource management approaches that help create a productive environment
You also design, implement and manage fundraising activities and community programs. A special focus is placed on the importance of marketing and its impact on the organization.