The internet of things (IoT) is the network of devices that connect, interact and exchange data. Phones, wearable technologies, home security systems, vehicles and a growing number of other products can be monitored and controlled through the internet. Embedded systems programming is what enables this device-to-device communication to happen.
With more and more smart technologies hitting the market every day, the area of IT embedded systems programming is exploding.
Across all sectors, there's increasing demand for a labour force that has the skills to create, program and maintain IoT devices, systems and solutions. Jobs are available in a variety of industries, including information technology, health care, utilities, transportation and retail.
In this program, you learn to:
- integrate a variety of technologies, such as programming languages/platforms, cloud services, operating systems and IoT protocols
- install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair embedded and IoT devices
- select and integrate appropriate sensors and devices for gathering, processing and transferring real-time data
- securely transfer data in a networked environment using appropriate communication standards and protocols
- develop applications for existing IoT devices using industry-standard languages and development environments
- design interconnected embedded solutions that seamlessly integrate diverse, remote and distributed technologies