Through online learning and an apprenticeship, you learn how to:
- Design services that are meaningful for the bereaved and reflective of the life of the deceased.
- Meet the needs of client families by arranging and directing funeral and related services.
- Secure documents required to legally transport, bury and cremate the deceased.
- Provide pre-need, at-need and aftercare services.
- Abide by federal and provincial legislation requirements for transportation and final disposition.
- Meet the provincial apprenticeship requirements for licensing as a funeral director.
This online program is for funeral director apprentices in Atlantic Canada who are registered as funeral director apprentices with their provincial licensing Board of Registration of Embalmers and Funeral Directors. This certificate is only available to students apprenticing in Nova Scotia, PEI and Newfoundland, where funeral directors and embalmers are licensed separately.
All program courses are delivered online over a two-year period.