NS Wildfires: College support
We know the historic wildfires are impacting many members of our communities, including students and employees. We're here to offer support
We continue to encourage any student whose situation is impacting their learning to connect with their faculty.
- There are a few housing options for students and employees in our student housing units across the province. Please contact if you have been displaced by the wildfires and are looking for temporary shelter to see if there is an opening that may support your situation.
- Student wellness resources (login required) continue to be available and can be accessed on our intranet. These include crisis supports, counselling services, and more.
- Students with extraordinary financial need can contact their Advisor to discuss options.
General emergency wellness supports
- LifeWorks Community Crisis Support Line at 1-844-751-2133 (24/7) - open to everyone and offers professional emotional support and/or referral to community resources.
- Nova Scotia Mental Health Crisis Line
- Information for employees is available on the resource page of Connect. This includes information about emergency and supported leave, financial and wellness supports, and more. View the employee resources page on Connect (login required).
Supporting our community
If you're looking for ways to help those affected by the wildfires:
- The NSCC Foundation has created an online appeal to directly support NSCC students and employees.
- Donations can also be made to community organizations such as the Canadian Red Cross and others like the NS SPCA and Hope for Wildlife.
- Emergency alerts and information - find provincial updates on the wildfires and resources