The Sponsor-a-Student Program combines financial support and safe, on-the-job training opportunities for students. Students can apply for Sponsor-a-Student opportunities through NSCC’s online platform.
Those online postings will provide an outline of the minimum requirements for eligibility. If selected, the student(s) must commit to doing their work term and/or summer employment with the sponsored company.
How it works:
A company agrees to sponsor a minimum of one student per year. Employers are required to fund a minimum of $1,500 and up to full tuition, provide work-term opportunities during the spring semester, and the potential for full-time employment once the student(s) successfully graduates and meets the company’s screening process. The student must commit to doing their work term and/or a period of employment with the sponsored companies.
The Sponsor-a-Student program is intended to be as flexible as possible for employers. We recognize that each company has different ways of hiring and selecting employees and work closely with each company to customize a ‘Sponsor-a-Student’ model that fits best with their hiring practices and goals.
Benefits for students?
- Financial assistance for their studies
- Guaranteed work-term and/or period of employment
- Direct work experience for students seeking full-time employment post-graduation
Benefits for employers?
- Access to students studying in fields related to their business
- Levels the playing field for companies' access to student talent
- Provides input into future employees
- Guaranteed work-term and/or employees
- Builds loyal and dedicated employees
To learn more, please contact Ben Trenaman, Development Officer at or 902-489-5699.