Metro Emergency Housing
Supporting student safety
The Metro Emergency Housing Program exists to help find a safe environment for students facing urgent and unsafe housing situations to help provide them with the safety and support they need while continuing their studies.
This program brings together a suite of options for NSCC student advisors and counsellors to access when triaging students in need of emergency housing.
178 alumni and former students reported that they would have utilized an emergency housing program if one had existed.
70% of those students did not complete their program.
NSCC's 2018 Housing Needs Assessment Report
Metro Campuses, 2014-2017
- Emergency Housing options
- Emergency food and transportation support
- Emergency toiletries and bedding support
- Student transition support to find more sustainable housing solutions
- Successfully provide safe emergency housing and supplies to a minimum of 50-65 students per year province-wide
- Minimize the disruption and increase the retention of those students at NSCC
- Create a partnership with local businesses and accommodation providers
- Provide tangible supports to students in immediate housing emergencies
Your support can change lives.
To learn more or support the Metro Emergency Housing program, please contact:
Whitney MacLean: or Ben Trenaman: