NSCC's Nautical Institute offers Transport Canada-approved marine training for students who want to start or advance their career at sea. Students learn in specially designed marine facilities, including a wave tank, free-fall lifeboat and fire training centre, and with state-of-the-art simulation equipment for navigation and engine room training. The Nautical Institute is part of the Strait Area Campus.
Training ranges from quick-start career programs, to diplomas and advanced diplomas, to courses for those who are already working in the sector. The Nautical Institute also offers training to industry.
- Library and computer labs
- Fire Training Centre
- Wave tank for marine emergency training simulations
- Wireless access
- Full-service cafeteria and fine-dining restaurant (Savour@22six)
- Fitness room and recreation
- Student Association organizes social events throughout the year
902-625-4228 | email@example.com
226 Reeves Street
Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia B9A 2A2