NSCC's Nautical Institute offers Transport Canada-approved marine training for students who want to start or advance their career at sea. Students learn in specially designed marine facilities, including a wave tank, free-fall lifeboat and fire training centre, and with state-of-the-art simulation equipment for navigation and engine room training. The Nautical Institute is part of the Strait Area Campus.
Training is designed for those seeking a career in marine, fisheries & oceans. Whether you’re starting fresh or are already working in the sector, our marine training courses allow you to earn your Certificate or Diploma, or build on your existing skills and qualifications with an Advanced Diploma. The Nautical Institute also offers training to industry.
- Library and computer labs
- Fire Training Centre
- Wave tank for marine emergency training simulations
- Wireless access
- Full-service cafeteria and fine-dining restaurant (Savour@22six)
- Fitness room and recreation
- Student Association organizes social events throughout the year
902-625-4228 | firstname.lastname@example.org
226 Reeves Street
Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia B9A 2A2