Ivany Campus - parking
Ivany Campus has a limited number of parking spaces. Students are encouraged to explore use of their U-Pass for busses, ferries and Halifax Transit Park'n'Ride lots; and finding ridesharing opportunities.
Parking passes for staff, students and carpoolers (defined as three or more people signed up to travel together) are available at the front desk. The cost of a parking pass is $20 for the academic year.
A parking pass does not guarantee a parking space; parking lots operate on a first come, first served basis.
Onsite parking (520 spaces) – limited to staff; students who carpool (207 spaces); students with children in the childcare facility (10 spaces); visitors (30 spaces with cash meters); and accessible parking (9 spaces).
Offsite parking for students (354 spaces) – provided in two locations: Atlantic Street and Poseidon Court. Shuttle service is provided from both offsite student lots to the Pleasant Street entrance of the campus.
- Map – Ivany Campus – student parking
- Map – Atlantic Street – student parking
- Map – Poseidon Court – student parking
There are also independent parking lots in the vicinity of the campus that offer parking for $2 to $3 dollars per day.
- Vehicles blocking an access road or fire route can be ticketed and towed at any time.
- Vehicles parked on campus on weekdays, between the hours of 7:30 am and 4 pm, need to display an NSCC parking permit or will be ticketed.
- If a vehicle is parked in violation of the parking regulations for the third time (meaning two previous tickets), it will be ticketed and towed without warning at the owner's expense.