Centre of Geographic Sciences (COGS)
The Centre of Geographic Sciences (COGS) is Canada's largest geomatics-focused learning environment. COGS programs prepare you to start or continue your career in the global geomatics sector.
Why study at COGS?
- COGS has an international reputation for offering top-notch education in the fields of surveying, geographic information systems (GIS), land-use planning, remote sensing and mapping.
- COGS is an Esri Canada GIS Centre of Excellence, helping to foster education, collaboration and innovation among GIS researchers across the country.
- Our instructors have strong industry connections.
- Small class sizes provide you with lots of one-on-one interaction and hands-on field experience.
Cutting-edge technology and work experience
- You learn the theory and practical aspects of your program through state-of-the-art equipment, labs and fieldwork.
- Most programs include work experience or the option to complete a co-op (at least 12 weeks of paid employment) as part of your course credit.
Visit Centre of Geographic Sciences (COGS)
COGS students also have access to the main Annapolis Valley Campus in Middleton.
- Campus residence
- On-site academic, career and personal counselling supports
- Library services and computer labs
- Full-service cafeteria
- Intramural sports and recreation
- Solar Farm
- Innovation Centre
- Student Association events and activities