Centre of Geographic Sciences (COGS)
The Centre of Geographic Sciences (COGS) is Canada's largest geomatics-focused learning environment. COGS programs prepare you to start or continue your career in the global geomatics sector.
Why study at COGS?
- COGS is considered a world leader in the fields of surveying, mapping, land-use planning and Geographic Information System (GIS) programming.
- Our highly experienced instructors have strong industry connections.
- Small class sizes provide you with lots of one-on-one interaction, so you have plenty of opportunity to apply your learning, ask questions and share.
Cutting-edge technology & work experience
- Learn the theory and practical aspects of your program through state-of-the-art equipment, labs and fieldwork.
- Most programs include work experience or the option to complete a co-op (at least 12 weeks of paid employment) as part of your course credit.
Students attending COGS also have access to NSCC’s Annapolis Valley Campus’s main campus in Middleton.
- Library (COGS)
- Computer labs available evenings and weekends (Middleton/COGS)
- Full-service cafeteria (Middleton/COGS)
- Intramural sports and recreation available (Middleton/COGS)
- Student Association organizes social events throughout the year
- Bookstore (Middleton/COGS)
902-825-3491 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Student Services: 902-825-2930
50 Elliott Road
Lawrencetown, Nova Scotia B0S 1M0