Centre of Geographic Sciences (COGS)
The Centre of Geographic Sciences (COGS) is Canada's largest geomatics-focused learning environment. COGS programs prepare you to start or continue your career in the global geomatics sector.
Why study at COGS?
- COGS has an international reputation for offering top-notch education in the fields of surveying, geographic information systems (GIS), land-use planning, remote sensing and mapping.
- COGS is an Esri Canada GIS Centre of Excellence, helping to foster education, collaboration and innovation among GIS researchers across the country.
- Our instructors have strong industry connections.
- Small class sizes provide you with lots of one-on-one interaction and hands-on field experience.
Cutting-edge technology and work experience
- You learn the theory and practical aspects of your program through state-of-the-art equipment, labs and fieldwork.
- Most programs include work experience or the option to complete a co-op (at least 12 weeks of paid employment) as part of your course credit.
COGS students also have access to the main Annapolis Valley Campus in Middleton.
- Campus residence
- Library (COGS)
- Computer labs (Middleton/COGS)
- Full-service cafeteria (Middleton/COGS)
- Intramural sports and recreation (Middleton/COGS)
- Student Association
- Bookstore (Middleton/COGS)
- Solar Farm
- COGS Innovation Centre (under construction)
902-825-3491 | email@example.com | Student Services: 902-825-2930
50 Elliott Road
Lawrencetown, Nova Scotia B0S 1M0