Preparing to cross the stage
Congrats to the Class of 2019! Your hard work has paid off, and now you’re ready to graduate.
10 tips to help you prepare for convocation:
- Make sure you check the convocation schedule to ensure you and your guests show up at the right place at the right time.
- Family and friends who aren’t able to attend convocation can view the full ceremony via livestream
- Your campus will communicate where and when to pick up your gown and stole (the colour banded collar that indicates your credential).
- Mortar boards (grad caps) aren’t part of our convocation attire. Don’t wear hats to convocation unless you’ve arranged professional or cultural attire with the Registrar’s Office in advance.
- You don’t want to be lugging your stuff around on convocation day; make sure to leave your coat and valuables with a guest.
- As you prepare to walk across the stage, you’ll receive a card with your name on it; it’s what the presenter will use to call your name. The card will also include your address and other contact information. Review your details and make any required changes.
- Your supporters are welcome to take pictures as you receive your credential, and don’t forget to stop by the ‘NSCC is Me’ backdrop for some fun photos. Post your pics using #NSCCGrad.
- You’re joining a proud network of NSCC graduates. Show your NSCC pride by checking out our NSCC Alumni Ring and credential framing options.
- Stay in touch with NSCC Alumni. You’ll receive alumni perks, news and updates.
- If you’ve still got unanswered questions, contact your campus Student Services team