Disability Supports and Services professionals are in demand
Disability Supports and Services graduates are in high demand. According to Nova Scotia labour market trends in April 2019, the services-producing sector has seen some of the largest increases in employment and maintains the highest employment rate in Nova Scotia.
People are most often hired upon graduation and enter the workforce with a starting salary ranging from $16-$21 per hour.
Enter a rewarding career
A career in Disability Supports and Services means helping people live full and enriched lives. You will:
- Work with persons with disabilities to enhance their physical, emotional and psychological well-being
- Support and empower people in maximizing their strengths and achieving their goals
- Play an important role in removing barriers to inclusion
Support people with disabilities
Graduates of the Disability Supports and Services program find fulfilling careers in a variety of roles and settings, including:
- Adult Residential Homes
- Adult Services Centres
- Community-based programs
- Group Homes
- Recreation and Leisure supports
- Regional Rehabilitation Centres
- Respite programs
- Small Option Homes
- Vocational settings
Graduates of NSCC’s Disability Supports and Services program are highly sought-after employees:
- Complete your studies in just two years
- You’ll learn to apply a social, community-based model, emphasizing community inclusion for persons with diverse abilities
- You’ll graduate with the 8 core competencies and skills required by the Nova Scotia Department of Community Services to work in the disability supports and services field
Email or call 1-866-679-6722 (toll free).