Why Choose NSCC?
Choosing NSCC gives you the advanced skills and knowledge you need today, for tomorrow's workforce.
We have an 87% graduate employment rate. (NSCC 2017 Graduate Survey)
Top 7 Reasons to Study at NSCC:
1. More than 130 career-ready programs
- Many of today's most exciting careers didn’t exist 10 years ago. Working with industry and the province, NSCC is on the forefront of workforce development, which means you get specialized, one-of-a-kind programs you won’t find anywhere else.
- With 14 areas of interest, you're bound to find a program that's right for you.
2. Hands-on training and real-world experience
- Put the theory you learn in the classroom into practice right away. 99% of our programs include a work term or work experience that'll put a final polish on your skills while giving you an opportunity to earn your first employer reference in your new field of study.
3. Applied research, international and entrepreneurship opportunities
- Develop solutions to challenging problems alongside industry, expert researchers and faculty through applied research – or round out your education and see where it takes you on our exchanges and study aboard programs around the world.
- At NSCC, you're also encouraged to think like an entrepreneur, take risks and innovate. Whether entrepreneurship is a career option or a mindset you bring to the workforce, you develop the confidence and skills to stand out to employers.
4. Study from anywhere
Study in Nova Scotia
We have 16 campuses and learning centres across the province, including our:
- Centre of Geographic Sciences (COGS)
- Canada's leading geomatics-training centre
- Nautical Institute
- Provides Transport Canada-approved training
Programs and courses can be taken online, either part-time or full-time.
5. Supportive learning environment
- Small class sizes provide you with lots of one-on-one interaction, so you have plenty of opportunity to apply your learning, ask questions and share.
- Our instructors have strong connections to industry, ensuring you have opportunities to ask for advice, meet mentors and seek employment.
- When you come to NSCC, you are assigned a student services advisor. They’re here to help you navigate your college experience.
6. 1,000+ scholarships, bursaries and awards
- We have $1.5 million to give away in financial aid this year. Find out more and apply for a scholarship, bursary or award today.
7. Pathways to university
- If you choose to continue your studies, many NSCC credits count towards a university degree. You can earn a college diploma and a university degree in as little as four years. Find out more about our transfer agreements.
Interested in learning more and exploring our programs? Contact Admissions:
1-866-679-6722 (toll free)