5 things you probably never knew about NSCC
Manager, Student Recruitment
From historic ties to innovative firsts, each of NSCC's 13 campuses has its own claim to fame. We take a look around the province to bring you a three-part series on some cool facts about NSCC you probably never knew.
- Lunenburg Campus is the only place in the province where you can learn how to be a heritage carpenter.
- For half the year, hot water at Shelburne Campus is provided by a solar panel made out of pop cans.
- Most of the vegetables served up in the Burridge Campus cafeteria are grown in the campus garden and greenhouse.
- The Center of Geographic Sciences at Annapolis Valley Campus worked with astronaut Colonel Chris Hatfield to map his tweets from space. Hadfield is also the recipient of an NSCC honorary diploma.
- Last but not least, Kingstec Campus is where we have the first educational vineyard in Nova Scotia. It is used for research purposes and to help with training and growing grapes.
But wait! There's more! Check out our previous post 4 more things you probably never knew about NSCC.