Fall 2020 student supports and services
Whether you will be learning online or through a combination of online and in-person learning in a blended program, we will have supports and services available both online and on campus.
Online services and supports
The following will be provided online and remotely:
- Student ID’s
- Bookstore ordering
- Accessibility services
- Counselling & wellness
- Career & employment services
- Enrolment services
- Learning supports (libraries, writing center, tutoring)
- Financial support services
- Student life and engagement: student association support
- International student ambassadors
New online supports
- Live chat – a new format to help students find and use important NSCC tools such as our intranet (CONNECT), Learning Commons, BrightSpace, assistive technology, library reference desk, appointment booking. Live chat will be available from 8 am - 4 pm, Monday - Friday beginning this Fall.
- Monthly workshop calendar - workshops could include:
- Learning strategies
- Ask me anything
- Financial supports (budgeting, money matters)
- Career and employment services
- Writing centre supports
- Student life (eEvents, #NSCCEngage series, student association programs/activities
- Library (research, academic integrity, e-resources)
- Learning supports (time management, study skills)
- E-counselling services – with counselling team available to all students as well as campus.
- Testing services
- Laptop/technology lending
- Library collection/borrowing
- Front line information and payment options
- Bookstore curb side pick-up (shipping also an option)
- Computer access
If you need help figuring out what supports are available to you and how we might help, please reach out to your student services advisor (links to Connect).