Safety on Campus
We’ve worked with public health to ensure a safe learning environment. Select a topic to learn more:
- Entering campus (self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms)
- Mandatory vaccination
- Visitors and community bookings
- Proof of vaccination
- Testing availability on campus
- Mask requirement
- Additional safety expectations
We’ve worked with public health to ensure a safe learning environment. When you come to campus, you need to:
- Self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms (do not come to campus if you're feeling unwell or have any symptoms).
All students and employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Nova Scotia’s Department of Health and Wellness considers an individual fully vaccinated 14 days or more after receiving the complete series of a Health Canada authorized or World Health Organization (WHO) authorized vaccine.
- Those who cannot be vaccinated, or choose not to be vaccinated, must follow a testing protocol.
- View our Vaccine Requirements Procedure
Work experience and employer vaccine requirements
COVID-19 vaccine requirements will vary by sector and individual employer. Many employers have their own vaccination requirements, which can impact a student's work experience course. It is the student’s responsibility to be aware of employer COVID-19 vaccination requirements and to be prepared to meet these requirements before beginning a work experience course. For questions, please contact
Visitor access is limited to campus business only until further notice.
- NSCC campuses and sites are not available for community bookings. We will revisit this in February.
- NSCC rapid testing sites will only provide tests to employees and students required to be on-site, those following a testing protocol, and people in residence.
- These sites provide access to secure, self-administered, rapid testing kits at no cost to students and staff. Learn more about these tests and how to use them in this short video (links to YouTube).
- View rapid testing information on Connect (intranet login required).
Wearing masks can help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other respiratory illnesses and Public Health continues to recommend their use in indoor spaces.
- We continue to require mask-wearing at all NSCC campuses, learning centres and sites for the winter term.
- Public Health recommends a three-layer, non-medical or cloth mask OR a properly fitted medical mask. Proper fit is critical. Masks must cover nose, mouth, and chin – all three at all times – with no gaps.
It’s important to follow all safety protocols and guidelines and agree that you've reviewed the self-screening document (PDF 126KB). Our protocols include:
- Wash and/or sanitize your hands regularly.
- Maintain safe physical distancing – 1 metre (3 feet).
- Follow entry procedures and directional arrows and signage.
- Follow cleaning and safety protocols in your area.
- Keep updated on the latest provincial COVID-19 measures at novascotia.ca/coronavirus
- Be aware of occupancy requirements with each room you enter.