October 12, 2021 – Don Bureaux
In August, the College announced our mandatory vaccination requirement. Over the next month and a half, we saw that same procedure introduced across governments, private enterprises and other post-secondary institutions, along with the new proof of vaccine QR Code from the provincial government (Oct. 4).
The ultimate goal of this step is to help keep you and our entire community safe.
Since March of 2020, we have introduced our own measures and been guided by the directives of our governments and our provincial public health authority – this was yet another measure designed to support our commitment to your safety. Thankfully, because of the tireless work of our Facilities and Safety teams, our dedicated campus staff… and all of you, we have had very few positive cases on our sites. We hope to keep it that way for your safety, the safety of your family and friends and our broader community.
I am so very grateful for your cooperation. To those of you who have responded, thank you!
Keeping our community safe
For those who still have not responded – either with their proof of full vaccination or to learn about the testing protocol and/or accommodations to the testing protocol – please note that these procedures are now mandatory.
- If you haven’t submitted proof of full vaccination, follow this easy, step-by-step process.
- Without proof of full vaccination status, you must complete this testing protocol. If you received your final dose in an approved vaccine series after Tuesday, September 28, you must complete the testing protocol until 14 days since your last dose has passed.
- Rapid testing is available on campus – details are available on your campus Connect page.
- Individuals can seek an exemption to the testing protocol for medical reasons or on the grounds of religion or creed. More information about the process for seeking an accommodation to the testing protocol can be found on the rapid testing protocol page.
- Learn more and read all the latest COVID-19 updates from NSCC.
- If you do not follow any/all aspects of the Covid-19 vaccination requirements outlined by the College, this will be considered a violation of the Vaccine Requirements Procedures under the Occupational Health Safety and Environment (OHSE) policy, according to codes of conduct and provisions of collective agreements.
Stay vigilant, be kind
As we move ahead with the busy weeks remaining in our fall term, it’s important to remain vigilant with our actions and the need to continue to be mindful of spacing, mask wearing, hand-washing/sanitizing, and not coming to campuses if you are ill. The virus is still here. We cannot let our guard down.
Just as important, as we continue to work our way through new directives in Phase 5, is the need to always remember to treat one another with kindness and respect as we do our individual and collective best to follow public health recommendations and College safety rules. We are a caring community and I hope that continues to shine even as this challenging period of our global history lingers on.
To all who have helped put this system in place, managed the collection of information, and followed our new procedure, I offer my heartfelt thanks!
Last updated on: April 05, 2022 11:43 AM