President's update - May 26, 2021
May 26, 2021 – Don Bureaux
I’m writing to confirm that we are again extending our pause on all on-campus learning and activities until Friday, June 11 to align with the updated timeline for the provincial government’s restrictions.
Continuing Learning and Work Experiences
- If you see on campus learning activities during the shutdown period, please note that these are exceptional activities that have an approved safety plan in place.
- Online learning continues and work placements that can continue, should continue.
- Employees who can work from home should continue to do so.
- Our testing centres will pause operations until at least June 11. This includes GED testing.
- All NSCC buildings will remain closed to everyone but essential staff between the hours of 8 am and 4 pm.
- Students may access our buildings by appointment through Student Services or through live chat on Connect (login required).
- Employees whose work is essential to College operations and must be completed on site will still have access. This includes but is not limited to, work that supports building operations and maintenance, year-end financials, payroll, purchasing and technical support.
- If you have concerns or questions about your requirement to be on site, please contact your supervisor.
Additional reminders on access to our buildings:
- Where there are day care operations, these can continue. Parents and clients should contact individual operators with questions.
- Women Unlimited will postpone all on campus activity until at least June 11, but where we can continue to support virtually, we will.
- Construction and inspections will be permitted to continue.
Please note the latest Public Health directives for testing and self-isolation.
Light at the end of the tunnel
The case numbers are moving in the right direction and the Province indicates it will be outlining upcoming reopening plans soon. This combined with a vaccine roll-out ahead of schedule and earlier second doses add up to positive news. Thank you to everyone for doing your part to move us in the right direction.
As always, stay safe, stay in touch and stay connected.
Last updated on: August 16, 2021 04:34 PM