Dec. 17, 2021 – Don BureauxGood afternoon:
I want to start by thanking everyone who is working to keep ourselves and our community safe in the remaining days before our break. Following my update sent late yesterday, many of you have already moved to working and learning remotely, are actively making plans to do so, or continuing COVID-19 safety measures to ensure essential work can continue on site as needed.
Completing the Fall Term
- The current COVID-19 outbreak in our province is also disrupting some work experience courses/placements. School teams are working to adjust these courses as needed and will share any changes with students directly.
- A reminder that Academic Recovery meetings will be moved online unless otherwise approved by the Principal or School Dean. Students will hear from their Faculty or Academic Chair.
Online start for Winter TermNSCC and our province have been well-served by the advice and direction from our Public Health team. There is deep concern about our current situation as a province. We want to be part of the solution that ends this outbreak and puts us back on track for a safe return to the activities we enjoy, including working and learning in-person. In support of that goal:
- All on campus learning and service delivery will move to online until January 21, 2022. We will reassess early in January whether that date needs to be extended.
- The Winter Term will start as scheduled on Thursday, January 6 (students) and Tuesday, January 4 (employees).
- Most classes will start the week of Monday, January 10, 2022.
- Faculty will advise students about class start dates by the end of day on Wednesday, January 5, 2022.
- eCampus classes and programs will begin as scheduled on Thursday, January 6, 2022.
- Orientation for programs that start in January will be held online. New students can expect to hear from campus teams with more details.
- Where work experience courses/placements can continue without interruption, they should. If students have questions, they can contact their faculty or placement coordinator. Any necessary adjustments to work experience courses/placements will be communicated to students by faculty.
- Campus housing will open for Winter term as planned.
- All employees who can work remotely, should continue to do so. This will be reassessed in early January.
Supports for studentsWe are taking steps to support student success through this change to online delivery in January.
- The laptop loan program is available at all campuses for students who need to access technology for virtual learning. Please contact Student Services to set up an appointment.
- All student services (login required) (advising, counselling, learning supports, library and research support and disability supports) are available remotely and general questions can be answered through Live Chat (login required).
As we near the end of our first term in the 2021-22 academic year, I want to thank you all for your continued commitment to one another. We anticipate there will be further updates over the coming days and weeks, so please check the NSCC COVID-19 web page and your NSCC email daily for the latest information.
Last updated on: Jun. 23, 2022 02:04 PM