COVID-19 President's Update
March 18, 2020 – Don Bureaux
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, I have additional updates to share with you.
I appreciate these are challenging times, and I want to thank you for your patience and support as we navigate through them together. Please know that the College is here to support you.
- Campuses are now closed to all but employees. Students requiring urgent access should contact their campus before arriving.
- The Truro Residence and cafeteria remain open until March 25, 2020 to support its remaining residents.
- We understand that you may have questions about accessing services to support you and your academic progress. Your Student Services Advisor is available by email to share more about the services available to you.
- You will hear updated information about your Winter Term courses no later than April 3, 2020.You are encouraged to continue to complete course work in the meantime, as directed as by your Faculty.
- We are looking at alternative options to accommodate students who are not able to write tests on campus due to the closure of the Testing Centres. We will share updates on this as soon as they are available.
- We’re developing learning supports through a virtual Learning Commons to help all students with distance learning. We will have more detail in place by next week following Study Week.
- The Winter Term is being extended by two weeks to provide additional time to complete course work, if needed.
- All new work placements will be suspended until June 1, 2020. Students will have until August 7, 2020 to complete their placement.
Convocation and College Events
- Convocation ceremonies will be rescheduled to the Fall of 2020 to accommodate the need for an extension to the academic year. More details will be provided later.
We realize that you may have many questions related to these updates. We encourage you to read more through our COVID-19 website updates and to check your email regularly for communication from your Faculty, Academic Chair and me. We will continue to provide you with additional information over the coming days to support your continued learning.
Last updated on: May 25, 2020 01:48 PM