President's update - August 26, 2021
Aug. 26, 2021 – Don Bureaux
Mandatory vaccination policy update
With the announcement of our new mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy on Tuesday, I promised regular updates to ensure our community has the latest information. Below is a summary of new decisions, clarifications, and work underway. I want to thank everyone who has brought forward questions so far.
Clarifications: Definition of student, working online only, one vaccine dose
- This policy applies to ALL employees and students, including continuing education, customized and apprenticeship.
- Students who will be learning and accessing services entirely online will not be required to show proof of vaccination by October 12. However, if they plan to attend campus for any reason at all, they will either have to provide proof of vaccination in advance or agree to the testing protocol and wear a mask.
- The policy is based on two doses to be fully vaccinated. If you have only gotten one dose, you should get your second vaccination before October 12 and show proof of full vaccination. If not, you must agree to regular testing and wear a mask.
New information: Tuition refunds, masking requirements
- Students are eligible for a 100% refund (including tuition deposit) if requested prior to the beginning of classes on September 9. During the first 2 weeks of classes, students are eligible for a 95% refund (less tuition deposit), until September 22. Your campus business office can assist you with your refund inquiries.
- The Province anticipates moving to Phase 5 mid-September and the easing of some restrictions like masking. It is important to note, that NSCC will continue to require masking indoors on all sites through to October 12. At that time, we will make a determination on mask wearing based on the latest epidemiology and other environmental factors.
More detail coming soon: Information collection, visitors, testing
- We will have greater detail on how vaccine information will be collected soon, including measures to protect privacy. In the meantime, please hang on to your information.
- We will have greater details on how the policy will apply to visitors, contractors and tenants.
- We expect to provide details regarding testing, such as availability and process, in the coming weeks and well before the October 12 deadline.
Thank you all for your commitment to keeping yourself, your campus and our communities safe.
Last updated on: Aug. 26, 2021 05:23 PM