COVID-19 President’s Update
April 01, 2020 – Don Bureaux
As we enter a new month, I want to reinforce and highlight a few of the very important messages we’ve been sharing about learning, wellness, and access to campuses and learning centres. I know a lot has changed quickly in our new reality and I thank all of you, students and employees, for your efforts to adapt to working and learning remotely..
- We continue to be closed to the public. Access is restricted to employees in limited numbers only and to students by appointment.
- Our new hours are 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. for employees and 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. for urgent student appointments through Student Services.
- We are focused on ensuring no student is disadvantaged academically by COVID-19.
- Faculty are already reaching out to students with learning plans to complete Winter Term courses.
- Students who have not already heard from faculty can expect to by Friday, April 3.
- Please continue to communicate directly with faculty and your student advisor for advice, information and support.
- Teaching and learning remotely are new for many of us. Please continue to access the tools and supports available in our Teaching Commons (for employees) and our Learning Commons (for students).
- We are all juggling so much while trying to work, learn and provide for ourselves and those who depend on us. We understand many have additional pressures like no access to childcare, or family and friend support during these difficult times. Please know, we are considering all these situations and if you need help, be assured it’s there for you 24/7 – for students and employees.
Our nscc.ca/covid19 site and our employee-specific information on the COVID-19 info and guidelines page are being updated regularly. We continue to respect the direction of our province and federal governments to protect the health and safety of our province and nation. By doing so, we will play an important part in protecting our own lives and the lives of others, and hopefully shortening the effects of this virus.
Last updated on: April 14, 2020 10:37 AM