Coming to Campus
Campuses will be open to students on August 24, 2020.
Students are welcome to come to campus if they need to access any in-person supports or for any blended learning classes or labs. You can view the list of services and supports that are available online and on Campus.
For anyone coming to Campus, here’s what you can expect upon entering our facilities.
What we’re doing to keep you safe
- Minimizing the number of people allowed in rooms and buildings
- Requiring physical distancing - please keep 2m (6ft) between you and anyone else while on campus
- Requiring that masks be worn in all public areas of our buildings
- Providing sanitizing stations and hand washing stations throughout the campuses
- Installing physical protective barriers (Plexiglass or Lexan) where service is provided from a counter (security or customer service desks)
- Ensuring cleaning on high touch surfaces occurs regularly throughout each day
- Improving air quality through changes in operation and improved filtration system
- Ensuring thorough cleaning schedule for shared working and learning spaces
- Placing signage throughout campuses including:
- Directional signage
- Physical distancing reminders
- Hand washing and sanitizing station signs
- Distancing cues/stickers
- Occupancy signage for washrooms and other rooms
Upon entering Campus
Upon entering any NSCC campus, we ask that you pay attention to all new signage and follow all health and safety protocols.
- You can access your campus through the main entrance only (unless and alternate entrance is indicated).
- You will be asked to check in and show your valid NSCC ID upon entering the building and answer some basic screening questions (eg: if you have travelled within the last 14 days and if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms).
- Some cafeteria services will be open with limited hours and offerings. Please check with your campus for more details.
- Daycare facilities operating out of campuses will be open and following all safety guidelines
While on Campus, you are asked to:
- Follow all signage and respect occupancy restrictions of rooms
- Practice physical distancing (keeping at least 2m or 6ft between you and other people at all times
- Be aware of occupancy requirements with each room you enter
- Wear a mask in all public spaces and in rooms where physical distancing is impossible or cannot be maintained
- Sneeze or cough into your elbow
- Wash hands frequently
If you feel unwell
- Please do not come to Campus if you are feeling ill.
- If you begin to feel unwell while on Campus, we ask that you go home and monitor your symptoms.
- If you think you might have come in contact with COVID-19, visit novascotia.ca/coronavirus for information on what to do.
If you’ve travelled
- The Province of Nova Scotia, under the authority of the Health Protection Act, is requiring anyone who has travelled outside of Atlantic Canada to self-isolate for 14 days from the day they get back to Nova Scotia. View latest travel advice
- NSCC has carefully outlined safe travel and arrival information including quarantine and self-isolation plans for any student travelling from outside Atlantic Canada. While some of this is intended for incoming international students only, there is relevant information in the documents for anyone travelling back to Nova Scotia from outside Atlantic Canada.