At NSCC, we know that pursuing a post-secondary education can be costly. Providing some much needed financial support is one way we can help. Our student awards program offers a broad range of scholarships, awards and bursaries that address financial need, celebrate academic success, support access, and recognize leadership and community involvement. While some awards are specific to a campus, program or year of study, many are open to everyone. It is well worth your time to explore the full range of awards we have to offer at NSCC.
Thanks to the generosity of many donors, the NSCC Foundation awards over $500,000 in scholarships & bursaries every year. If you or your organization is interested in establishing a student award through the NSCC Foundation, please contact us.
How to Apply
You can apply for all NSCC student awards with one application. You can complete your application in four steps:
- Use the search box below to narrow the list of student awards. Please note: the 'program year' is your enrolment status as of September 2017. If you are entering a new program in September 2017, choose 'Year 1'. If you are returning, choose 'Year 2' or 'Year 3'.
- Check each award on the list of results to make sure you are eligible and you meet the required qualifications. Add awards you intend to apply for to your award listing (found at the top of each award).
- Review your awards list and prepare the materials outlined. There is no option to save and submit your application. You will need to return to this site to apply.
- Complete your application at nscc.ca/awards.
Deadlines vary, so it is important to take note of when to apply. If you want a step-by-step guide make sure to check out the section on preparing your awards application.
Use the search box below to filter the list of student awards available through the NSCC Foundation. Deadlines vary, so it is important to take note of when to apply.
Already completed your search? Advance directly to the online application.
Applying online is not an option for the following awards. Print out, complete and mail these PDF applications to apply:
- Pengrowth-Nova Scotia Energy Scholarship Program (PDF 990KB) – Deadline: May 5, 2017
How to submit
Applications for the above awards must be post marked by the deadline specified in order to quality.
Mail them to:
NSCC Awards Office
Nova Scotia Community College
5685 Leeds Street
PO Box 1153
Halifax, NS B3J 2X1