Credit Union Education Award
$500 • 26 Bursaries • Application Deadline: October 17, 2018 5:00pm AST
Twenty-six $500 bursaries are available to full-time students enrolled at any campus in any program.
About the Donor
Nova Scotia Credit Unions are proud to support the academic success of the Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC). Since 1996, Nova Scotia credit unions have partnered with NSCC to provide $13,000 in bursaries annually to NSCC students. Through this bursary program, Nova Scotia credit unions have provided consistent support to NSCC students for the past 18 years, with more than 450 NSCC students receiving bursaries since the inauguration of this award. Nova Scotia credit unions are proud of the success and longevity of this bursary program and our long-standing relationship with NSCC.
- Full-time Students
- Open to new and returning students
- Enrolled in any program
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Special consideration may be given to students who are credit union members or can demonstrate an affiliation with the credit union system.
How We Choose
This award will be assessed based on the following:
- Demonstration of commitment to program;
- Financial need;
- Community involvement.
To Apply for this Award
This award requires the completion of the following section(s) of our online application system:
This is for information only as once you add this award to your awards list the system will generate a list of requirements based on the awards you have chosen to apply for.
- Reference Questionnaire(s).
- Complete Community Service - Completed by a member of a community organization (volunteer or paid), who provided supervision.
- Essay: Provide a list of your recent participation in extra-curricular activities and/or volunteer work /community involvement within the past five years.
- Essay: Please describe your affiliation to the Credit Union system.
- Financial information section of the online application.
This award follows our standard payment schedule. See Disbursement of Funds section of our website for details on how NSCC student awards are issued
PLEASE NOTE: Two recipients will be chosen from each campus.