NSCC High School Entrance Awards
We offer 26 entrance awards (two per campus) to recognize outstanding students entering an NSCC certificate or diploma program directly from a Nova Scotia high school. These awards financially support students who demonstrate outstanding leadership in their communities as well as academic achievement.
The entrance awards application period is November 1 – March 20 for students entering NSCC programs in the following academic year.
To be considered, you must have:
- Applied to and been accepted into a full-time program at NSCC;
- Received a passing grade in all high school courses, with a minimum academic average of 75% (average calculation is based on all marks from grades 11 and 12);
- Paid the non-refundable NSCC tuition deposit
- Be entering NSCC directly from a Nova Scotia high school (exceptions only for those who have been on waitlists since high school graduation with no other educational pursuits in the interim).
High school entrance awards are tuition waivers equal to the regular tuition cost of a full-time NSCC certificate or diploma program.
Please note: this waiver covers the cost of regular core tuition only ($3,415 in 2019/2020) and cannot be applied to other mandatory fees associated with the program (i.e. textbooks, student health and dental plan, meals, etc.).
How we choose
Award recipients will be chosen on the following merits:
- Extracurricular and/or community involvement;
- Academic achievement
How to apply
Applicants can apply through the NSCC Student Awards application process.