Fees - Culinary Arts - Year 1
2017-2018 Program Fees
|Tuition & College Fees||Amount|
|College Services Fee||$100|
|Student Health & Dental Benefits||$242|
|Student Association Fee||$85* (details)|
|U-Pass (only required for Metro Campus Students)||$173|
|Parking Pass - Optional (pass is required to park on NSCC property)||$20|
|Payment (1st Term)||$2,230|
|Additional Program Costs (Estimate)||Amount|
|Basic.fst (Food Safety Training)||$35|
|Co-operative Education (Co-op) Course Tuition (Mandatory)||$427|
|Emergency First Aid & CPR (Level A)||$125|
|Headset w Microphone||$25|
|Safety Apparel – CSA Approved Safety Shoes||$150|
|Tools (e.g., Kitchen Tools)||$340|
|USB Flash Drive||$10|
|Total (HST not included)||$1,417|
|Total Cost = Tuition & College Fees + Additional Program Costs + Textbooks||$5,757
Schedule & Payments
|Campus||Start Date||End Date||Payment Due (1st Term)||Payment Due (2nd Term)|
|Akerley||Sep 5, 2017||Aug 31, 2018||Aug 4, 2017||Jan 5, 2018|
|Kingstec||Sep 5, 2017||Aug 31, 2018||Aug 4, 2017||Jan 5, 2018|
|Lunenburg||Sep 5, 2017||Aug 31, 2018||Aug 4, 2017||Jan 5, 2018|
|Marconi||Sep 5, 2017||Aug 31, 2018||Aug 4, 2017||Jan 5, 2018|
|Strait Area||Sep 5, 2017||Aug 31, 2018||Aug 4, 2017||Jan 5, 2018|
- Payment includes a $200 non-refundable tuition deposit. If you've already paid your $200 confirmation fee your payment total will be decreased by $200.
- Payment (1st Term) – Payment includes several College fees that may need to be adjusted based on your campus and parking requirements. If you do not require a parking pass, reduce your total by $20. The Student Association fee should be adjusted based on your campus. Student Association (SA) Fee varies by campus - Check your campus fee to confirm your exact amount. If the U-Pass fee is listed in your total, it is only required for Metro Campus full-time students.
- Payment Options – View payment options details.
- Co-op is an academic course and students are required to pay the course tuition for one unit. For domestic students the course tuition for one unit is $427 and for international students the course tuition for one unit is $998.
- Tuition and the non-refundable tuition deposit are higher for International Students.
Ready to apply?Apply
Need help? Contact us:
Hours of Operation
Monday to Thursday:
8 AM – 5 PM
Friday: 8 AM – 4 PM
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
P.O. Box 220
Halifax, NS B3J 2M4