Student Health & Dental Benefits Plan
All domestic and international students enrolled in full-time and customized programs that are 20 weeks or longer, Adult Learning Program students enrolled in three or more units, English for Academic Purposes (EAP) students, and Achieve students will be enrolled in a mandatory NSCC Student Health & Dental Plan that provides extended health and dental benefits.
Please note: Part-time students, and students in programs less than 20 weeks in length are not eligible for this program. You are considered part-time if your course load is less than 60 per cent of a full-time course load in your program (without an accommodated reduction).
Plan Benefits, Claims & Opt-out/Opt-in
Visit the My Student Plan website to review deadlines and details of your student benefits plan as well as access contact information for our Student Benefits office. The website also provides information and support for the following:
- Plan benefits and eligibility information.
- Emergency medical coverage details for international students.
- Making a health and/or dental claim and downloading your student benefits card.
- Adding family coverage for dependents.
- Completing an Opt Out waiver form (using alternate comparable coverage).
- Providing proof of NS MSI (for international students opting out of emergency coverage).
- Completing an Opt In waiver form (for those who previously opted out but have lost their alternate coverage, for full-time eCampus students wishing to add themselves to the plan).
Please note the following deadlines:
The deadline to complete an Opt Out waiver for students beginning their program in September is September 30. For all other students, the Opt Out deadline is 30 days from the start of your program. Once your opt-out form has been accepted, the waiver will remain in force for 12 months. Students are required to complete an online opt out each academic year, should they wish to waive NSCC's coverage.
Please note: Returning international students may only opt out of the emergency portion of their health and dental plan, but only if they are in receipt of a Nova Scotia Health Card (MSI). Please contact the Benefits office for further information.
The deadline to complete an Opt In waiver is 30 days from your loss of coverage. For full time eCampus students, your opt in deadline is 30 days from the start of your program.
Need help? Contact us:
Hours of Operation
Monday to Thursday:
8 AM – 5 PM
Friday: 8 AM – 4:30 PM
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Mailing Address from outside Canada:
Use Courier address:
5685 Leeds St.
Halifax, NS B3K 4M2
P.O. Box 220
Halifax, NS B3J 2M4