As a College community, we have a shared understanding of acceptable and unacceptable student behaviour. Collectively, we strive to maintain a respectful learning and teaching environment, promote safety and deter behaviour that threatens individuals or property.
As members of a College community, you're required to:
- Demonstrate citizenship by complying with the law and with all NSCC policies.
- Act with civility by behaving in a manner that's respectful of other members of the College community.
- Act with honesty and integrity in all aspects of teaching, learning, and in your dealings with other members of the College community. This would include refraining from academic dishonesty, copyright infringement and plagiarism.
- Refrain from negative or harmful interpersonal interactions by being respectful of the physical, emotional and mental well-being of other members of the College community.
- Refrain from substance misuse/abuse.
- Respect property, including property of the College, other members of the College community and third parties.
- Refrain from inappropriate online activity (remember that the same expectations apply to social media, email).
All College policies and procedures are available online. If you have questions about the Student Code of Conduct or any College policies, you can speak with Student Services, a faculty member or the Academic Chair for your program.