Additional Assessment Test Request & Preparation
The Canadian Adult Achievement Test (CAAT) measures your skills in number operations, reading comprehension, and problem-solving to help determine your academic readiness for post-secondary programs.
The following resource can help you prepare for CAAT:
Please note: Calculators are not permitted during the CAAT assessment test.
The Test of Workplace Essential Skills (TOWES) is a test that will assess your skills in reading, numeracy, and document use.
The following resources can help you prepare for TOWES:
- How do your skills Measure Up?
- Preparing for Towes
- Sample Questions
- Learning Resources & Test Taking Strategies
Be sure you're prepared when booking your test; re-writing the test will only be permitted under certain guidelines.
If you are an applicant with a disability, you may request Test Accommodations for the Additional Assessment. Send your request and documentation to .
The following is a list of Test Accommodations you may request:
- extra time to complete the test
- having a computer read the test questions to you
- having a test supervisor write answers you say aloud
- You will be informed of the Test Accommodations you are eligible to receive.
- In order for Assessment Test Accommodation requests to be reviewed, they must be made two weeks in advance of your test day.
- When you arrive to take the Assessment Test on test day, the test administrator will review your Test Accommodations with you.
The rewrite policy is different for each test. Ask about rewrite guidelines/policy before you write your first test. Please be advised that your new application date will be the date you rewrite an assessment.