March 18, 2020 – News
- Campuses are now closed to all but employees. Students requiring urgent access should contact the campus before arriving.
- The College is identifying which employees need to be on site to ensure College operations and services continue. Alternative working arrangements are being made to help limit the number of individuals on campuses at one time.
- The Truro Residence and cafeteria remain open until March 25, 2020 to support its remaining residents.
- Students with questions about accessing the services available to them to support their academic progress should contact their Student Services Advisor by email.
- Students will receive updated information about their Winter Term courses no later than April 3, 2020. In the meantime, students are encouraged to continue to complete course work as directed by their faculty.
- The College is looking at alternative options to accommodate students who are not able to write tests on campus due to the closure of the Testing Centres.
- Learning supports will be provided through a Virtual Learning Commons to help all students with distance learning.
- The Winter Term is being extended by two weeks to provide additional time to complete course work, if needed.
- All new work placements will be suspended until June 1, 2020. Students will have until August 7, 2020 to complete their placement.
Convocation and College events
- Convocation ceremonies will be rescheduled to the Fall of 2020 to accommodate the need for an extension to the academic year. More details will be provided at a later date.
- All non-essential College or College-hosted events are cancelled until June 1, 2020.
Programming and staff support
- Work is in underway to define remote work and distance learning options for faculty to ensure the College is prepared to support students with alternative delivery solutions.
- Services such as direct consultation, live chat and direct one-on-one support are available to faculty and can be accessed through a Virtual Learning Commons.
- All non-essential travel for employees is suspended until June 1, 2020.
Updates for students and the public can be found at nscc.ca/covid19