Variety of jobs
Find a place to thrive
With 13 campuses, a vibrant eCampus, 5 academic schools and a number of departments and corporate functions, NSCC offers plenty of opportunities. We post new positions every Tuesday and Thursday, so if you don't see a position that matches your qualifications right away, be sure to check back.
Our commitment to fair hiring means each opportunity is open to competition. As such, we don't keep resumes on file and ask that you please apply for each position separately.
Types of jobs at NSCC
- Academic services: These positions range from curriculum consultants, technical illustrators, instructional designers, academic planning, scheduling specialists, academic operations coordinators, and so on.
- Administrative positions: These positions play a vital part in keeping NSCC running smoothly by providing clerical or administrative support and include positions such as clerical assistants, administrative assistants, executive assistants, project coordinators, and so on.
- Corporate functions: Colleges have corporate jobs too. At NSCC, these include areas like IT, Finance, HR, Marketing and Communications.
- Custodial and facilities management: On each of our 13 campuses, we have teams that maintain the facilities and fulfill custodial needs. These include positions such as facilities support assistants and leads, technicians, and so on.
- Faculty: As a member of our faculty, you'll provide theoretical and practical instruction for students. For most of our programs, you don't need a B.Ed. to teach them — we'll give you that foundation in teaching through our Adult Education Foundations program. You must have credentials relevant to the subject matter, as well as five years’ experience in the field. Faculty teach in programs aligned to our five Schools: Health and Human Services, Business, IT & Creative Industries, Trades & Technology and Access. Please note that some of our Access programs do require Faculty to hold a B.Ed.
- Student services: Each campus has a team of student services professionals committed to supporting student success. These positions range from student services advisors, learning strategists, counsellors, career practitioners, assistant registrar, librarians, library technicians, and so on.
- Operations management: Every NSCC campus has its own campus management team, made up of operational and academic managers who lead the campus as well as managers of corporate functions like IT, HR, Marketing, Communications, Finance, and so on.
I've had the opportunity to do two stints as Faculty and I'm about to do a third. I've taught part-time while still doing my job and I've taken a leave from my job to teach full-time. It's great to have the flexibility to be able to do this. It's nice to have that opportunity.