If someone tells you they have experienced sexual violence, a caring response can be a crucial element in the healing process. While you may not have all the answers, you can still provide support. People respond to traumatic situations in many ways and support can take many forms.
Sexual violence support training
As part of the Nova Scotia Sexual Violence Strategy, a free training course has been developed to help you learn more about how to support someone who has experienced sexual violence.
- The training is online, interactive and centred around the learner
- You can do as much or as little as you need, in whatever order makes sense for you
- If you complete all six modules, you will receive a certificate of completion
Take the training to support victims/survivors of sexual abuse.
- We offer additional training including the Waves of Change Bystander Intervention Training created by the Antigonish Women’s Centre and Sexual Assault Association.
- We also have a Sexual Violence Prevention and Education Committee and can also work with you to facilitate training that suits your specific needs.
- Please contact Gola Taraschi-Carr, Sexual Violence Prevention and Response Lead at 902-471-7536 or to learn more