Skip to main content Skip to site utility navigation Skip to main site navigation Skip to site search Skip to footer

Get Support

If you've experienced sexual violence, it's important to know it's not your fault and you're not alone. It doesn't matter if you've experienced it on or off-campus. We're here to support you.

Who do I contact?

If you want to talk to someone, there are a few options:

Talk to an NSCC counsellor

  • This is confidential (in most cases)
  • Receive emotional support, resources and possible accommodations
  • Contact Student Services at your campus to book an appointment

Talk to any NSCC employee

  • This is not confidential
  • The employee will connect with NSCC’s Sexual Violence Prevention and Response Lead about your conversation.
  • Names don’t usually need to be provided at this point but this can result in action, which may include opening an investigation. 

Talk to the Sexual Violence Prevention and Response Lead

  • You can call directly at 902-471-7536 or email to
  • This is not confidential, but Gola can explain options and process and let you know what supports are available.
  • You will also decide how and if you wish to participate in any process ahead.

Call the Good2Talk Support Line

  • This is confidential and available 24/7
  • Receive crisis counselling and information about supports, services and community resources
  • Call 1-833-292-3698

Off-campus support

  • SANE – 811 can put you in touch with the nearest Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Program (SANE).
  • 811 Nova Scotia – Trusted health advice from a registered nurse, including information on what to do if an incident of sexual violence occurs.
  • Legal advice for Sexual Assault Survivors Program - The program respects survivors’ privacy and their right to make their own decisions. Registering is done through an independent agency, 211 Nova Scotia, and participants do not have to report to police or take legal action if they use this service.
  • Break The Silence Nova Scotia –  Find information, resources, services and supports across Nova Scotia on sexual violence, where and/or how to help a friend, training/awareness campaign materials and more.
  • 211 Nova Scotia – Free, confidential information and referrals to more than  3,000 community and social services across Nova Scotia. Available 24/7, in several languages.

View a full list of province–wide services and supports.

Back to top