Engineered Technologies Research
Led by Dr. Etienne Mfoumou, the Engineered Technologies Applied Research Lab offers unique, cross-disciplinary design solutions that connect engineering, biology, and innovative devices to a number of technology-based sectors. Their inclusive-design approach helps small and medium-size enterprises in Nova Scotia address their individual needs to advance products and services.
Research Facilities and Technologies
- The Design & Innovation Centre is a machine shop area where NSCC works with industry and entrepreneurs to explore new ideas.
- Specialized suite of technology that includes advanced design software, reverse engineering, and different 3D printing technologies, including a Renishaw metal 3D printer.
- Acoustic Systems Trainer for SONAR used to test and develop underwater acoustic-based devices.
- ZEPTO Plasma System for process development, cleaning and surface activation.
- Portable and modular spectrometer used to develop more effective monitoring and prediction techniques for field application.
- Ultrasonic measurement of applied residual stresses device and ultrasonic peening technology used for condition monitoring and repair of 3D printed parts and welded elements.