Engineered Technologies Research
Led by Dr. Etienne Mfoumou, the Engineered Technologies Research team works with a variety of technology-based sectors. A future focus of this research area is to include cross-disciplinary research and inclusive-design thinking, enabling the design of more products and services.
Specific research facilities include the Engineered Technologies Lab and the Design and Innovation Centre.
Engineered Technologies Research Lab
The lab is equipped with specialized equipment such as the Acoustic Systems Trainer for SONAR for testing and developing underwater acoustic-based devices, a ZEPTO Plasma Surface Activation System and a portable and modular spectrometer for the development of more effective monitoring and prediction techniques for field application.
Design and Innovation Centre
The centre provides an area where NSCC can work with industry partners to explore new ideas using a specialized suite of technology that includes advanced design software, 3D modelling and a metal laser sintering printer.
- Research Investments in Nova Scotia In-Stream Tidal Technology Research
- NSCC scores $2.2 million in ACOA funding
- Students at Nova Scotia Community College to Benefit from New Tools
Industry and community partners:
- Michelin North America (Canada) Inc.
- Ultra Electronics Maritime Systems
- African Community Investment Cooperative of Canada Ltd. (ACICC)
- MacKenzie Atlantic Tool & Die Ltd.
- Murphy’s Ltd.
- Sabrtech Inc.
- Eden Valley Poultry Inc.
- Nova Aquaponics