It is a big decision to choose to become a college student. You have a goal in mind, a vision of your future after graduation, and we want to help you get there.
Whether you are coming to NSCC:
- right out of high school,
- having studied at college or university before, or
- with some life experience under your belt
We know this is an important opportunity and that you have a lot on your plate. NSCC Student Services offers programs and one-on-one support throughout the year to help you learn how get the most out of your experiences at NSCC and prepare for what comes next.
Services for Students
Students with special needs are encouraged to contact Student Services prior to their arrival on campus so that their specific needs may be identified, faculty informed and accommodations considered. Campuses are wheelchair accessible with accessible telephones, photocopiers, and TTY phones.
The staff in Student Services is committed to working with you to ensure that your choice of academic program meets your needs and goals and that your experience at Nova Scotia Community College is a successful one. The following services are free and confidential.
Personal and academic counselling and support
- Experienced staff members help you tackle personal and academic challenges
- Peer tutoring can be coordinated through the Student Association and Student Services
- 24 hour phone counseling service is available through our Student Support Program
Benefit packages, financial assistance, and help with finding accommodation
- Health & Dental Benefits are provided to all full time students, along with the opportunity to add family coverage to your plan while attending NSCC
- Funding guides are available on how to apply for scholarships and bursaries
- Information on housing is available at campus centres
Help getting you started
- Get Started Welcome Events take place at each campus every spring. You can bring your partner and/or family to this one day event that includes tours and general information about NSCC
- College 101 classes are available if you feel the need to brush up on some rusty skills or get information on stress and time management and balancing school and personal life.
Email & Online Services
- As a full-time student, you have your own NSCC email account and personal mailbox and you can access personal and academic information using NSCC's online services.
- Career counsellors help you select the program that best fits your interests and discuss future employment
- Group sessions are available on resume writing, interview skills, and networking
- Job posting boards are at each campus and on our website for the exclusive use by NSCC students and employer partners
- NSCC values and encourages a diverse learning environment in each of our campuses. NSCC provides services to students from the African Canadian, First Nations, and International communities.
- NSCC is the leading provider of disability services to post-secondary students in Nova Scotia with more than 900 students accessing our services on an annual basis
- NSCC offers a number of services to students with disabilities including: academic meetings, Disability Resource Facilitators (DRF), assistive technology, note-taking, physical accessibility, test accommodations, tutoring, library services, and information on financial aid and external support.
- As a full time student at NSCC, you automatically become a member of an amazing organization - your Student Association (SA). The SA organizes fun social events like the annual winter carnival, campus newsletters, and holiday parties and also encourages giving back to community and local charitable causes. It's a great way to meet new and interesting people...so, get involved!
|Akerley Campus||(902) 491-4908|
|Annapolis Valley Campus||(902) 825-2930|
|Burridge Campus||(902) 742-0760|
|Cumberland Campus||(902) 597-4101|
|Institute of Technology Campus||(902) 491-6722|
|Kingstec Campus||(902) 679-7361|
|Lunenburg Campus||(902) 543-2295|
|Marconi Campus||(902) 563-2464|
|Pictou Campus||(902) 755-7299|
|Shelburne Campus||(902) 875-8640|
|Strait Area Campus||(902) 625-4017|
|Truro Campus||(902) 893-5346|
|Waterfront Campus||(902) 491-1794|