Plumbing – Part-time
Earn your Plumbing Certificate attending classes in the evening and on weekends.
- Start Date:
- September 2013
- 2 Years
- Combined In-class/Online
LocationsPart-time Locations & Availability
Is this part-time delivery option for you?
Combining online learning with classroom labs, workshops and other educational activities, the program is ideal for students who are currently employed, or have other daytime responsibilities, and are willing to make the commitment to the class schedule and program requirements.
- Study on your own time, while still interacting with our qualified instructors.
- Shop and classroom sessions are scheduled on a weekly basis to complete practical projects onsite at the campus.
- Work with our experienced faculty in person during scheduled evening and weekend sessions, applying the theory you have learned in a safe and supervised setting.
- This part-time program is not offered at regular NSCC tuition.
- Program fees include tuition, college fees (student association), textbooks, and estimated additional program costs (travel to work experience, tools, etc.).
- Tuition payments are due at the start of each term (6 payments throughout the program).
- Tuition and additional program fees are subject to change. View 2012-2013 Program Fees »
- The course schedule for this program will span a 2-year period. Courses will either be completed 100% online, or through a combination of in-class and online instruction. In-class courses will be held at the Institute of Technology Campus.
- You should be prepared to commit up to 2 nights per week (3 hours each night) plus every second Saturday for in-class/practical shop activities.
- Outside the scheduled in-class sessions, you're also expected to study on your own time and complete theory activities and assignments, on a weekly basis, as outlined by your instructor. You should plan for an additional study time of at least 10 hours per week.
- Classes and workshop activities will have a set schedule at the campus, so your ability to commit to the scheduled times (evenings and weekends) will be key to your successful completion of this program. The schedule runs from September to June, with a break during the Christmas holidays. All courses adhere to set start and end dates.