If you are interested in taking a course, please register early as all courses must meet a minimum enrolment. Your registration may determine whether or not the course runs.
- The cost for each course is included on the course description page. Course cost includes HST where applicable.
- Course materials (ex. books, supplies, cassettes, etc.) may be required at an additional cost.
- Fees are non-refundable unless the course is cancelled.
- Part-time students with a credit course load (online and in-class credit courses) equal to or greater than 1 unit, pay a $50 part-time College Service Fee. This fee is only applied once per academic year (academic year = September – August). Part-time students with a credit course load less than 1 unit do not have to pay the part-time College Service Fee. If you have questions about your course unit value, please contact the Campus Registrar.
- A part-time Student Association Fee applies to students taking 1 credit course (or more) in a declared program. The Student Association Fee is only applied once per academic year and does not apply if you're taking 100% of your courses online.
- Phone – Call any Campus Business Office or the Admissions Office and pay by credit card (we accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express).
- Mail – Pay by mail using a personal cheque. Cheques should be made payable to Nova Scotia Community College.
- In Person – Stop by any Campus Business Office and pay using a debit card, personal cheque, or credit card.
Due to limited course enrolment, we will assign you a seat in the course only upon receipt of your payment. There will be an additional $20 charge if your payment is returned by the bank for any reason, including NSF.
Cancellation Process – Occasionally, it is necessary to cancel a scheduled course due to lack of enrolment. This can be frustrating and especially disappointing for individuals who were looking forward to attending a course. In the unlikely event that the course for which you are registered is cancelled, we will make every effort to inform you at home or at work prior to the start date. We apologize for any inconvenience a cancellation may cause.
Running as Scheduled – We will call you only if your course is cancelled due to lack of enrolment, postponed to a later date or filled to capacity prior to receipt of your registration. If you do not receive a call, you should assume your course is running as scheduled. However, please feel free to call and confirm your course schedule at any time. Please make sure we have valid phone numbers and email address for you.
Weather Cancellations – When the campuses are closed due to the weather, an announcement will be placed with the media and the NSCC website: www.nscc.ca/weather/. Campus switchboards will have messaging announcing that all classes for that day and evening will be cancelled.
Once a registration and payment is received, a seat in the class is reserved for you. Consequently, you are academically and financially responsible for this course. If a course is cancelled by the College due to insufficient enrolment; the funds may be applied to another course, credit may be held on account for future courses, or a refund will be issued by cheque through the mail.
Any student who withdraws from a course/program, must notify the Campus Registrar/Student Services in writing, in order for it to be eligible for a possible Fee/Tuition refund. Refunds may be issued, as follows:
- 100% of the amount before the first day of class;
- 95% of term amount during the first two weeks; and
- 0% of term amount after the second week.
Youth who are 15 years of age and under must be accompanied by an adult while taking an NSCC course. Those aged 19 and up can supervise those aged 15 and under, if the parent/guardian of those youth under 15 give their permission in writing that the over 19-year-old can supervise their youth during this NSCC course.
Parking is available free of charge after 5:00 p.m. on a first-come, first-served basis at all campus locations.
Declaration of Waiver
Every effort will be made to adhere to the details in this calendar. Courses listed and procedures outlined were those in effect at the time of publication.
The course and program details and general provisions of this calendar are not to be regarded, however, as an irrevocable offer by Nova Scotia Community College to any individual. NSCC reserves the right to make changes without prior notice affecting, but not limited to areas such as fees, course scheduling, program availability, instructor availability, programs of study and general regulations. Nova Scotia Community College will not be liable for any loss, inconvenience, or damage incurred by any student as a result of such changes.