Top 10 reasons to go to NSCC
- High employment rates – 87% of grads are employed, most in their field of study, one year after graduating. (Source: NSCC Graduate Follow-up Survey, 2010)
- Locations throughout Nova Scotia – There's likely a campus near you. You could save on travel and accommodation costs.
- A solid investment – In 2012-13, the average tuition for certificate and diploma programs is $2,865; and most programs run 2 years or less.
- Hands-on learning and work terms – Apply class and lab lessons to real projects and valuable, on-the-job experiences.
- Small class sizes – You'll get to know your instructors and classmates and be very involved in your day-to-day learning.
- Specialized programs – Programs provide the specialized skills that employers are looking for so you're ready to start your career success.
- The portfolio edge – It's not just about the technical skills you learn, it's about your development as a person and a professional. At NSCC, you'll build a portfolio that defines your strengths, skills and goals. It also helps you capture what you learn and experience, so you can confidently demonstrate your knowledge to others and develop your expertise.
- Instructors with real-world experience – They're experts in their fields, direct from industry and eager to share their knowledge.
- Well-equipped facilities and technology – You'll learn in modern facilities and use the latest technologies and equipment.
- So many ways to learn – Our programs offer loads of practical learning options like: part-time study, work terms, co-op education, apprenticeships and even some international work terms. Bonus: For many of our programs, we have formal agreements with universities that will recognize and provide credit to NSCC students who want to continue their studies elsewhere.