The Truro Centennial Pool was a joint project between the Town of Truro and the Province of Nova Scotia, to mark the 100th anniversary, in 1975, of the incorporation of the Town of Truro. The first sod was turned on March 1, 1975 and the Truro Centennial Pool was first opened on March 1, 1976. The Pool was dedicated as a memorial to the friendship and cooperation between the Town of Truro and the Nova Scotia Teachers' College over a period of 120 years. In 1997, the Nova Scotia Community College took over from the Nova Scotia Teachers' College and with Town of Truro, they jointly operate the pool.
The Truro Centennial Pool provides something for everyone. Offering quality aquatic programs and services, we strive to help everyone learn the importance of water safety and having fun around the water. We also strive to help everyone achieve their goals towards healthy and active lifestyles.
- Adult Learn to Swim program
- Red Cross Learn to Swim program
- Lifesaving Society courses, including Bronze Medallion, Bronze Cross and Nationals
- Red Cross Leadership courses, including Water Safety Instructor
- Standard and Emergency CPR and First Aid
- Aquacise (Morning and Evening classes)
- Arthritis Water Therapy
- Adult Lane Swims
- Everyone Welcome swims
- And more!
- A 6 lane 25 meter pool with a depth ranging from 3-12 feet – The "big pool," as it is commonly known, is kept at an approximate temperature of 80°F (27°C)
- A 20 x 40 foot tot pool with a depth of 3-4 feet – The "small pool," as it is commonly known, is kept at an approximate temperature of 86°F (32°C)
- 1 meter spring board
- A slide
- A Tarzan rope
- Walk in stairs for both pools
- 2 dry saunas, located in each locker room (available during Adult Swims and Aquacise)
- A portable chair lift, which is available to use for those who need assistance in and out of the water
- Staff willing to help out in any way that they can
Schedules & Brochures
Stop by or give us a call for more information.
36 Arthur Street (use the Kaulback Street entrance)
Phone: (902) 895-1110