Frequently Asked Questions
- How and when does NSCC process applications?
We make offers of admission to eligible applicants in the order of their application completion date. This is the date when all admission related documentation is received by NSCC Admissions. For programs that start in September, the assessment of applications begins the previous November. More...
- How much time do I have to confirm my seat in a program?
Once you are admitted to a program, you must confirm your intention to enrol by paying the required non-refundable tuition deposit within the timeframe indicated in the letter/email you receive from NSCC. This deposit counts towards your tuition.
- How can I make changes to my application?
Changes or additions to your choices require the submission of a new application and fee.
- My admissions letter says "Waitlisted". What does that mean?
This means that even though you've met the requirements for the program, we've offered all available seats in the program to applicants who applied before you, so you're on a waitlist.
- If the program is waitlisted, should I still apply?
If you apply and are qualified for a program that is waitlisted you will be placed on the Waitlist. More…
- How long is the waitlist, and how far down am I on the list?
Our Admissions process does not allow us to give waitlisted applicants a position number. More…
- When will a seat become available in my program?
There is usually a lot of movement on waitlists, especially in July and August when students finalize their plans. If their plans have changed, they withdraw themselves to make room for applicants who are still interested. So, if you're on a waitlist, please do not lose hope in attending the program.
- When I applied for a program the Program Openings indicated 'Seats Available', why am I on a waitlist?
To the best of our knowledge there were still seats available on the day you applied. At any point in time, there can be several unprocessed applications (as we receive applications from 13 different campuses throughout each day). Due to the volume of applications that NSCC receives, seat availability statuses are not in real time.
Ready to apply?Apply Now
Need help? Contact us:
Hours of Operation
Monday to Thursday:
8 AM – 5 PM
Friday: 8 AM – 4 PM
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
P.O. Box 220
Halifax, NS B3J 2M4